Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Not knowing what's going to happen

I think the pause in the blog is indicative of something. Two of the bloggers are pregnant and two of us are not (as far as I know). For the two who are, not only are they pregnant, they have existing children to care for, marriages to maintain, houses to run and jobs to do. Maybe in that order? For the two of us that aren't pregnant, thinking about when to get pregnant, what to do for work, how to plan it properly by money considerations, travel, work, etc. it's all very mind boggling yet so big it's actually out of our control.

This blog is a public thing and probably too open of a forum to talk about these issues here in any great detail. Our colleagues, friends and strangers read it and take away some sort of perception about who we are or what we mean. I for one know that most of what I've been thinking about lately has not exactly been good advice - how can I give any when I feel rather adrift?

Anyway, just wanted to check in. Register that life is in flux and it's as it should be. this is right for our age but bad for the blog. If any bright good-advice ideas come to me, i will be sure to post.

A couple things for those who work and produce documents: don't email a document that's not formatted to print. always number your slides in powerpoint. be sure your font is consistent through out your whole document and save each version of your excel docs with a date or version number so you can keep track.

separately, right now my favorite obsession is to do haiku on twitter, but that's so obscure and techie, I can't see many of my mom friends getting what I'm talking about. my advice would be to join in and see what's going on on twitter. I suppose I like it because it seems like a ticker of the collective unconscious, but maybe it's all just crap. Follow me: www.twitter.com/emilybee

1 comment:

Qrystal said...

Life is in flux, indeed... and feeling adrift, sucks. I'm there. I'm a gal who is thinking about when to get pregnant, what to do for work, how to plan it properly by money considerations, and how big and crazy the world is and what the heck I am supposed to DO about my role in it.

I'm glad I found this blog, through finding you as a fellow haiku'er in twitter, because it's always nice to not feel like the only person whose mind is boggling about such things. (I found you from searching the word "haiku" at twitter.summize.com, in case you were wondering.)

Oh and I love how you call twitter "a ticker of the collective unconscious"! Awesome!